Bathrooms are definitely one of the more well-kept areas in all of our homes, and for good reason. All of us like the idea of keeping our bathroom in top tip shape, as clean as possible. Sadly, the reality is far from that. No matter how much effort we put into maintaining our bathroom, it always seems to have some kind of imperfection or something missing. If you desperately want to alter the look of your bathroom, a renovation or upgrade is the best possible option, but it is going to be an expensive ordeal.
There are, however, some other cheaper ways to minimally alter a bathroom’s appearance. While they may be small tweaks themselves, you can combine a few of them together to make those changes quite significant. Whatever upgrades you have in mind (or if you are just looking for design tips for building a new bathroom), be sure to at least give these ideas some consideration:
- Use Large Windows – A bathroom is one of those rooms that are much better off with a lot of natural lighting. While a lot of light is useful for adjusting your make-up every morning, it has even more advantages. For one, it can make your bathroom feel much larger than it really is, something important for those having smaller bathrooms. Therefore, try to use large windows as much as you can. Consider replacing your current one if it doesn’t allow a lot of light through.
- Shower or Bathtub – As a general idea, you should incorporate a bathtub only if you have enough space to allocate space to other necessary amenities like a sink or storage space. Smaller bathrooms are much better off with a shower and semi panther protect security doors, which definitely take a lot less space to install. If space is not a concern, you are free to choose whichever one you prefer.
- Try an Oval Sink – Compared to a square or rectangular shaped sink, an oval one gives you much more counter space. This Is one easy upgrade to do, and one to consider when you are severely running out of space.
- Hang Enough Bars – Make sure that you have enough towel bars hung around your bathroom as per your requirements. For convenience, try to hang one close to the shower/bathtub and one near the sink.
- Use a sliding door – Federation doors aren’t they only type of sliding doors to consider installing in your home. Opting for a sliding door over a conventional one does have a few advantages, such as allowing an easier access to the bathroom and occupying less space. They can also add a modern touch to your ageing bathroom to keep it looking fresh.
Keep in mind that these are only few of the numerous upgrades you can make. Some other great ideas for bathroom improvement are replacing your dressing table, installing larger, round mirrors and changing the floor tile pattern to a different one.